This agreement between Dogwood Cottage Inc.(Hereinafter referred to as Dogwood) and who resides at: (Hereinafter referred to as the client). This agreement constitutes permission to enter the above address and perform duties as stated in the Client and Dog Information Sheet. Dogwood Cottage has the right to make any changes to this agreement at will and without notice.
The client agrees as follows:
1) Liability Policy: Dogwood and its employees agree to provide services stated in this contract in a reliable and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, the client expressly waives any and all claims against Dogwood and/or its employees.
Dogwood will not be held responsible for pets that cause damage to furniture, carpet, flooring/woodwork, walls, etc.
Dogwood will not be responsible for pets that bite, suffer an accidental death or escape from faulty fencing or from inside the home due to faulty screens, doors, etc.
Dogwood will not be responsible for any complications pets may suffer or actions of pets while they are unattended.
Dogwood and/or its employees shall not be held responsible for the loss, injury, death, or actions of any pet that the client has let outside or has instructed the walker to allow outside. This includes but is not limited to pets with doggie doors and outdoor pets.
The client understands that all pets (where appropriate) must have a veterinarian and must be up to date on the rabies vaccination.
Client agrees to reimburse any and all medical expenses arising from any or all altercations or injuries that may occur to Dogwood and/or its employee while their pet is in the care of Dogwood.
Client agrees to be responsible for all costs (including, but not limited to medical care, attorney fees etc.) if client’s pet should bite another person or animal.
Dogwood will not walk unruly or untrained dogs, dogs that choke themselves on their leash, dogs that are leash aggressive, unpredictable on lead, refuse to walk or show signs of people aggression.
Dogwood does not accept aggressive animals period.
All client dogs must be walked on a leash and/ or let out in an enclosed space.
Dogwood does not diagnose, prognose, or make therapy decisions, nor does it offer veterinary services. Any veterinary/medical concerns should be referred to your veterinarian.
Dogwood will not be responsible for any keys the client has left for walker or has mailed.
Client is responsible for making arrangements for snow removal. Visits may not be made in snow covered driveways and/or walkways because of safety concerns.
2) Cancellation Policy: Cancellation must be given and acknowledged within 24 hours of scheduled visit. Client understands that a cancellation fee will be charged in the event it failed to cancel in the timely and acceptable manner.
Dogwood reserves the right to deny service or terminate service because of safety concerns, financial concerns, or inappropriate/uncomfortable situations, or for any reason.
3) Business Hours: Services shall be performed between the hours of 10am and 3pm Monday through Friday, unless Dogwood has agreed to a different time.
Services are normally completed during the scheduled time frame, unless Dogwood and/or its employees are running behind schedule.
Dogwood will not accept exact time specific calls or schedules, as we can not guarantee specific times accurately. Therefore, Client accepts an hour window as acceptable.
4) Emergencies: Client agrees to authorize Dogwood to handle any emergencies that may arise. Dogwood will make every effort to contact client. In the event client cannot be contacted, client authorizes Dogwood to use their best judgment.
In the event client is not reached in a timely manner, Dogwood expects client to have a responsible party to take care of your pet(s) and to be reachable in the event of unforeseen circumstances such as illness, injury, accident, inclement weather or a natural disaster. It is best if your emergency contact can reach your home. Dogwood is not responsible for the pets in these circumstances.
5) Forms of Payment and Arrangement: Clients acknowledges that they must provide an accepted credit card, such as Visa or Mastercard, in order to make a reservation. Dogwood accepts Visa, Mastercard and cash. Dogwood does NOT accept checks. Payment is processed shortly after services have been completed. Dogwood is not responsible for any costs at any point of time while dog is in it’s care.
By e-signing below, you agree to the terms of this agreement:
Your Electronic Signature
*By signing this Electronic Signature Acknowledgment Form, I agree that my electronic signature is the legally binding equivalent to my handwritten signature. Whenever I execute an electronic signature, it has the same validity and meaning as my handwritten signature. I will not, at any time in the future, repudiate the meaning of my electronic signature or claim that my electronic signature is not legally binding.